Terms Of Service
Terms Of Service
In all instances below, the term “Student” refers to the individual receiving tutoring and/or their legal guardian.
FEES PAYABLE TO THE TUTOR
Fees shall be calculated at a starting rate of $ 40 dollars per hour of tutoring. No further fees shall be charged for traveling or preparation time of the Tutor. Fees may be adjusted from time to time and shall become effective after having given the Student seven days written notice.
Payment shall be made no later than immediately upon booking of a tutoring session. Payment may be accepted in the form of PayPal, credit card or debit card.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
The Student may cancel a paid session up to one (1) hour before the scheduled start time and receive a full refund. Cancellations by the Student made less than one (1) hour before the scheduled start time are not subject to a refund. Payment for any cancelled session may be applied to a future session agreed to by the Tutor and Student. If the Tutor cancels a session for any reason and at any time prior to the start of the session, the Tutor agrees to refund the Student any payment for that session or to apply that payment to a future session that the Tutor and Student agree upon.
LATE ARRIVAL AND CHANGE OF SCHEDULE
Fees are calculated according to the scheduled time agreed upon by the Tutor and Student. No adjustment to fees shall be made for time lost because of late arrival by the Student or by early termination of session by the Student. Any lost time because of the late arrival of the Tutor shall be compensated for by extending a lesson by mutual agreement and by such amount of time that was lost. The Tutor agrees to wait fifteen minutes from the time of the scheduled session for the Student’s arrival before considering that session canceled without sufficient prior notice and therefore subject to the terms set forth in the CANCELLATION AND REFUND policy.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE TUTOR
- The Tutor undertakes to do all preparation prior to lessons and to structure lessons in such a way as to optimize time to the benefit of the Student.
- The Tutor shall keep confidential all information of the Student and shall contact other parties involved in the education of the Student only if given written permission by the Student to do so.
- The Tutor shall not assign any of his/her duties or obligations under this tutoring contract to a third party without the written permission of the Student.
- The Tutor shall at no time be required or obliged to execute homework or assignments on behalf of the Student.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENT
- The Student undertakes to assist the Tutor in identifying problem areas in which the Student needs specific tutoring.
- The Student acknowledges that assignments, exercises or homework form an integral part of tutoring and undertakes to complete such work in a timely manner.
The Tutor makes no promises or warranties with regards to a Student’s performance as a result of any tutoring provided.